Sunday, April 7, 2013

Purpose



The definition of purpose (in my mind) is the ability to strive towards a goal that you have set for yourself in life. 

Purpose is something that I try to teach my daughters about all the time.  It has taken me a long time to understand my purpose in life other than developing micro goals along the way. It wasn't until 2003 and 2006 that I understand my place in this world with 100% confidence. In 2003 I married the most amazing person to this day still amazes me at how amazing a person she is and then in 2006 was the birth of the second most amazing person in my life. Since then we have had a second child, Brynn (2008) and in about 4 weeks our third princess will be born. 

My purpose is without a doubt to be the best father and husband to my family that I can. On a daily basis I do whatever I can to make sure my little ladies and my wife get the most out of me that I can offer. In exchange it allows me to be at peace with myself that should anything ever bad happen I leave them with the most amazing memories of a man that cared for them and always made them laugh. 

Nothing is guaranteed in this life and I learn that more and more each day seeing what people dealing with cancer have to go through. Make sure you find your purpose in life and invest everything you have into that knowing that you are making the most out of everything you have been blessed with. 

On a training note as I know this blog is in reference to my prep for Ironman Lake Placid the race is 16 weeks from today and consistency continues to pay off with training. I am into the first two days of a big training block. Yesterday was filled with an aggressive 60 mile ride followed by an 16.5 mile run today that took 1:56, the run felt flawless with the ability to continue that pace for another 10 miles along with potential of dropping the run pace lower. The next 6 days of this block will be a test of toughness, purpose, consistency and Making It Count!!!

As always that you for everyone's donations to Jimmy and his family as every penny helps them along the way. Cancer is a terrible thing and takes to many lives these days...lets all work together to ride this world of such a terrible disease. 

Make It Count!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment