Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Power of WORDS!

 


                                                "FEAR has two meanings:

                                                  Face Everything And Run

                                                                    OR

                                                  Face Everything And Rise

                                                  The Choice Is YOURS!"   - Zig Ziglar


Todays lesson should you choose to continue to read...has nothing to do with FEAR...I just love almost every Zig Ziglar quote and that one doesn't disappoint and hits the nail on the head of todays topic..

The power of WORDS...

In the quote above you can see that if you just switch around a few words...you go from running away from the fire to running into the fire! 

Let me drop a couple of words/sayings on you...

Pulchritudinous...

Put hair on your chest a foot long...

Eat a pound of dirt before you die...

Out of here in a cloud of whale dung...

Honorificabilitudinitarian...

We will get back to those five in a few minutes but in the mean time...I want you to ponder the words you have used either so far today or yesterday! 

My 14 year old daughter is about to blast off to Florida this weekend for Cheerleading Worlds! In the past three days they have had 12 hours of practice, about 30 full-outs (doing the whole routine all the way through...its is more difficult than it sounds) and balancing all that with school and everything life has to throw at them...

I have been to half of those hours and you know what I notice the most out of these kids? 

Its not the amazing talent, its not the work ethic and its not the athletic tape trying to hold off any last minute injuries...

Its the words they use to lift up instead of break down! 

The word IMPOSSIBLE becomes POSSIBLE!

The word CAN'T becomes CAN! 

The word WON'T becomes WILL!

The words TOO HARD become TOO EASY!

The words I QUIT becomes LETS F'ING GO!

The word TIRED becomes I GOT ONE MORE IN ME!

All this demonstrates is the simple power of words! 

Trust me...I have done some crazy difficult, challenging events in my life and many times was on the verge of quitting or telling myself I can't go any further...

BUT...

I always and I mean always tell myself to just try a little harder, give a little more effort, make a final decision in 10 minutes...and guess what happens? 

The difficulty, obstacle, adversity or challenge can't handle my simple yet power vocabulary that is being thrown around in my head (similar to my daughter being thrown around in the air) and I typically come out on TOP! 

Nothing is truly TOO hard! 

What is TOO hard is when we tell ourselves and those around us that it is!

Negativity is extremely contagious mainly because it allows all of us a chance to quit and hopefully save face because, well, everyone else thought it was impossible also! 

So today when you want to use WORDS that don't push the needle forward...

Why not stir up your inner competitive cheerleader and give yourself some words of encouragement that you are capable of way more than you believe yourself to be! 

Now back to the words/sayings above..

Seeing that this blog is about memories, ALZHEIMER's and other neurodegenerative disease awareness and well just another avenue for me to share random musings...

The following are words that my step-dad used often when we were kids! All meant for positivity but more meant as a way to simply keep moving forward and hopefully ALWAYS with a smile!

Pulchritudinous...

Put hair on your chest a foot long...

Eat a pound of dirt before you die...

Out of here in a cloud of whale dung...

Honorificabilitudinitarian...

Will I eat a pound of dirt before I die? Who knows...but what I do know is that I will get as dirty as I need to be both externally and internally to never give up putting my best foot forward! 

The Oergel family has three sayings that are foundational to who we are and what we do...

Make It Count!

Always Crush Life!

FSU! (F*&K SH*T UP!)

Go be great and CHEER as loud as you can! 


No comments:

Post a Comment