Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Choice




I recently had a small health scare that not only made me worry about my own well being but also the well being of my kids, wife, my legacy in this world, those around me suffering from disease (whether mental or physical) and those family/friends that are not close geographically to me any more thus not catching up as much.

What came out of the the scare though was a desire to be better and to improve myself daily thus always waking up with the intention of being 1% better than the day before and not going backwards. To not stress over the past and not look forward to what might be but instead to focus on the present in order to LIVE. I have taken many measures over the past week to ensure that my psychological and physical state are in line with the direction that I was to go in life. Some of these changes I will be sharing over time and many of them I am super excited about sharing. 

The big thing that I have neglected over the past year has been taking care of myself. I have always been focused on taking care of those in my environment thus not leaving time to better myself. Most of this came to the forefront with a conversation with my wife recently which really opened my eyes that if I don't take care of myself then how can I really ever truly take care of those around me.

Now back to the title of this blog...CHOICE. During the month of January I really stepped back from most social media and  various other time busts. I needed to reinforce who I am and my beliefs. During this trek I read alot almost completing 2-3 books a week and I also talked to various personalities.  One thing is consistent - you and only you are in charge of your next actions. Everything is based upon how you choose to live. From the entrepreneur who loves the challenge of building a business, to the individual who dealt with a health issue to my daughter who sees a kid getting bullied and decides to step in and protect. Each  individual decided that instead of waiting for things to happen, responding in a negative energy fashion or letting life run over them that they would take action and CHOOSE to live a more fulfilled life.  The power to CHOOSE is YOURS!!!

In January I not only started reading books on motivation, inspiration, success, failure and the drive to be better but I started to meditate.  I also write in a journal daily, develop a "power hour" that sets the tone for the day, also write a Thank You card a day to various influencers in my life.   I exercise less but with purpose (thus seeing results beyond my previous 15 years of running/triathlon), developing goals (small and BIG) which will push me but reward will be immense and finally enjoy every second I get to spend with those I love.

One of my goals is to write a blog post every Tuesday and Friday. My goal is to inspire one or millions.

As always remember to Make It Count!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment