Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Let It Go!

 


"Let it go!" - Elsa

There are very few keys to making the most out of your TODAY! 

When we wake up each day...show some gratitude for a few seconds that it happened and then go ALL in on COMPETING with what you have today! 

One sure fire way to ruin a good day today is to CONSTANTLY, CONSISTENTLY keep thinking about a bad yesterday! 

Elsa was brilliant is using those simple three words of..."Let it go!" 

Unless you are Doc Brown from Back to the Future...there is not a dam thing you can do to revisit yesterday. 

What has been done is done! 

The only thing or things you can do is...

LEARN, BE BETTER and EXPEL GRATITUDE FOR ANOTHER CHANCE! 

You see, the MIND is a very incredible and very delicate feature of who we are! 

Physically we can really crush all limits that are in front of us! We can train our bodies literally to be ready for anything! 

What holds us back from our full potential or pushes us to limit our limitations is...OUR MIND! 

Its too dark, its too cold, I am too old, I am not smart enough, no one will like me, I could never make the team, I quit, no one will read this blog post, I am too tired...and the list goes on for an eternity. 

The key is none of those excuses are of the physical realm but we can thank our mind for wanting to give up on us! 

Plus read that sentence again above and doesn't it sound pretty pathetic and not a way you would like to describe yourself? 

Now think the opposite...

I love the dark, the cold gives me energy, age is just a number, who is to say what is smart enough, those who love me will like me and support me no matter the circumstance, if I train harder then I will make the team, as long as one person reads this blog then mission accomplished, tired is the bodies barometer for growth...

Re-read that again and that is the person I want to be every single day.

However to add another layer of shit to the equation...now add in a disease process like Alzheimer's and NOW what is your pathetic excuse for wasting time? 

Wow! Your mind is silent now and you don't have much to say...

Life is 100% made up of what we make of it! Will there be days of unforeseen struggles? You bet there will be...that is what makes this journey so amazing. 

When times get incredibly hard or you see challenges as terrifying monsters...THIS...is when we break out the karaoke microphone and at the top of our lungs sing....LET IT GO! 

Nothing worth accomplishing in life happens without you having to work through some obstacle! 

Don't wait until tomorrow unless your Doc Brown and you know that tomorrow will come no matter what! 

Get off your ASS and make something of your time! 

I found this shirt in my closet earlier today and couldn't help but smile at the memory. 

When I was in college we had a dive bar that was our Cheers of the day! 

When I graduated my mom and step-father came to our graduation party and we set the bar on fire with energy and memory driven activities. 

This shirt was one memento to come out of that night and a memento that will forever make me smile! 

Make a list today of what you will LET GO...share, don't share...really doesn't matter but what matters is you recognize what's holding you back! 

I have nothing to hide so here are my top 5...

1. Keep challenging my limits because that is what I want and not what looks good to others!

2. Realize that I am not my father and that addiction will never hurt my progress in life! 

3. That I don't have to have all the answers ALL THE FUCKING TIME! 

4. I take it extremely personal when I can't help EVERY patient...mentally I can get any patient through adversity but sometimes my expertise can't help EVERY patient physically! 

5. That I have to be the BEST at everything I do! Honestly that one hurts but I need to realize that as long as I give my BEST in that moment that I can limit all limitations in life! 

Always Crush Life! 

Make It Count! 

No comments:

Post a Comment